Toxins and the Importance of Detoxification
We are conducting a vast toxicologic
experiment, and we are using our children as the experimental animals. Dr. Philip Landrigan, Chairman of Preventive
In these last days, mankind is reaping the inevitable harvest of poor stewardship of our planet s resources. Each generation is being exposed to higher and higher levels of synthetic chemical residues that place an ever growing toxic burden on our environment and our bodies. Evidence of this is everywhere, from the increasing toxin levels of our polar ice caps and marine life to our own skyrocketing rates of degenerative diseases. Every year the fallout worsens, with record numbers suffering with allergies, asthma, autoimmune disorders, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, various cancers, nervous system disorders, hormonal imbalances, birth defects and frightening increases in infertility.
Perhaps the ultimate evidence of the magnitude of the problem is the emergence of new terms such as Environmental Illness and the groundbreaking science of an emerging branch of Naturopathic medicine called Environmental Medicine .
Strategies to Reduce Your Toxin Load
A. Avoidance of Further Exposures
1. Persistent Organic Pollutants (POP s) - DDT, PCB s, Dioxin, etc. - Chemical pesticides (Insecticides, Rodenticides, Herbicides, Fungicides & Antimicrobials)
- Ave. Amer. up to 70 daily exposures, 91 chemical compounds in blood and urine
- 700 unidentified chemical contaminants have been found in body fat in US samples
- FDA " persistent chemical contaminants in ALL FOOD GROUPS!
- Most common " Dieldrin (toxic organochlorine) and DDE (breakdown product of DDT)
- Pesticide Action Network s Nowhere to Hide Report " www.panna.org
2. Organophosphate and other Fertilizers
3. Plastics " phthalates, food storage containers
4. Volatile and semi-volatile compounds " styrene, xylene, etc.
5. Pharmaceuticals " www.mercola.com/2002/may/29/poison_profit.htm
6. Vaccines " heavy metals, mercury (thymerosol), phenol
7. Hormones and Xenobiotics (Chemicals foreign to the body) " accumulate over time and undergo metabolic changes (biotransformation) to convert them to be water soluble
8. Building materials " carpet, glues, paints, stains, furniture, bedding, offgassing of formaldehyde and other chemicals
9. Household Cleaning Items " bleach, oven cleaner, etc.
10. Consumables " food, dyes, ink, clothing, paper, animal feed, personal care products, artificial sweeteners, taste enhancers, GMO s, cosmetics and fragrances, sunscreen
11. Water and Air " chlorine, chloroamines, fluoride, jet fuel
- Inside air pollution often much worse than outside
12 Dental Amalgam Removal
B. Dietary Changes
1. Buy Organic " Especially when buying these fruits and vegetables which are consistently the highest in pesticide content: apples, peaches, pears, imported grapes, cherries, strawberries, nectarines, raspberries, cantaloupes, cucumbers, peanuts, bell peppers, celery, spinach, squash and potatoes.
2. Protect your
3. Digestive Enzymes " Improve digestion, reduce endotoxins (toxins made from within)
C. Cleansing Procedures
1. Chelation " Removes heavy metals (EDTA, NDF, chlorella)
2. Far Infrared Sauna " lower temp, deep penetrating heat
- Enhances circulation and oxygenates tissues
- Releases heavy metals and toxic chemicals from fat tissues
- May be constructed for as little as $75
3. Liver Support " Our most vital organ of elimination
- Second largest organ, only one with regenerative powers
- Helps regulate blood sugar, major role in metabolism of hormones, carbs, proteins and fats
- First line of defense " filters blood from GI tract through Portal System
4. Lymphatic System " Our cellular garbage can, 3X blood supply, no pump
Rebounding " Health Bounce - Best exercise known to man
- Lymphatic vessels have millions of one way valves
- Brings in nutrients, takes out toxins from cells
5. Coffee enema " Sledgehammer of detox techniques for acute crisis
6. Environmental Interventions " Air and water purifiers, bedding covers, etc.
- National Allergy Supply (www.natlallergy.com)
7. Fasting - Last but not least! Cleanse the body and purify the mind. Bring down spiritual strongholds. Major topic that deserves its own entire session.