Fearfully and Wonderfully Made
"""" For you formed my
inmost parts. You knit me together in my
mother s womb. I will praise You, for I
am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works; and that my soul
knows very well. My substance was not
hidden from you when I was made in secret and curiously wrought in the lowest
parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my
substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days
fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them."
Your Amazing Body
- You have 209 bones (300 at birth), and over 600 muscles.
- There are 88 keys on a piano 1500 keys in your eardrum.
- Your eyes take 70,000 pictures in living color each instant.
- Your brain is only 48 oz, yet it has 10 billion neurons that relay info at 300 mph.
- You exercise at least 30 muscles when you smile.
- All of your veins sewed together would go around the world about 3 times.
- Your lungs inhale over two million liters of air every day " without even thinking!
- Your heart beats 40 million times a year. In one hour the heart produces enough energy to raise almost one ton of weight one yard from the ground.
- You give birth to 100 million red blood cells every day.
- The surface area of your lungs is large enough to cover a tennis court!
While the human body is extremely resilient in general, it can be shockingly fragile at times. The ancient Hebrew prophet Hosea lamented that "" my people perish for lack of knowledge" (Hosea 4:6). In today s information age, knowledge is more accessible than ever before, but one needs considerable discernment to separate the wheat from the chaff. As natural health seekers -Temple Builders - we will ask for and receive wisdom and understanding from God as to how the enemy attempts to steal away our health and vitality, for "there is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death." (Proverbs 14:12)
Clearly, as believers we are not supposed to join in step with this fallen world, being led like lambs to the slaughter. James put it this way: " Pure and undefiled religion is to visit widows and orphans in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world " (James 1:27)
Super Natural Health
- A strong and balanced immune system.
- The ability to absorb and assimilate vital nutrients from the foods that we eat.
- The ability to eliminate harmful waste products and toxins that we encounter daily.
4. The ability to control inflammation and calcification of soft tissues, the two most dominant factors in aging and degenerative illness.
Recognizing that we were made in the triune image of God, we will seek a holistic approach to the care and maintenance of our body, mind and spirit. Together we will cut through the confusion and chaos of everything from pharmaceutical hype to the latest fads in health food stores to explore the vast array of natural medicines that God has given us. We will inspire one another and hold each other accountable to treating our bodies as the temples that they truly are. As a result, we will experience greater vitality, more energy, and indescribable joy as we serve God with power.
"Do you not know that
you are a